It all started in 2000, when I transitioned from being a radio news reporter at WINA in Charlottesville to a book publicist at National Book Network in Maryland, that I witnessed the impact of thoughtfully planned and executed publicity strategy. Around that time, I was given the opportunity to publicize two NBN-distributed cookbooks by then unknown cookbook author Rachael Ray. My efforts ultimately landed Rachael her first appearance on NBC's "TODAY" and her first meeting with the Food Network, which promptly signed her up at that meeting for her first national cooking show.
You can read about the thinking behind the publicity strategy that I created for Rachael here.
- book, film, and product launch publicity
- targeted media list generation
- press release / media kit writing + distribution
- local, regional + national strategies
- publicity consultation + training for do-it-yourselfers